In response to this pandemic, ERDA has partnered with Autry Technology Center, the Greater Enid Chamber of Commerce, and REI Oklahoma to serve as a resource to our business partners during this COVID-19 crisis. Although this partnership is not affiliated with the Small Business Administration, our goal continues to be to support our community businesses by providing resources and assistance
DISASTER FUNDING PROGRAMS
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: The following documents are required to process the application.
- Business Loan Application (SBA Form 5) completed and signed by business applicant.
- IRS Form 4506-T completed and signed by Applicant business, each principal owning 20% or more of the applicant business, each general partner or managing member and, for any owner who has more than a 50% ownership in an affiliate business. (Affiliates include business parent, subsidiaries, and/or businesses with common ownership or management).
- Complete copies, including all schedules, of the most recent Federal income tax returns for the applicant business; an explanation if not available.
- Personal Financial Statement (SBA Form 413) completed, signed and dated by the applicant (if a sole proprietorship), each principal owning 20% or more of the applicant business, each general partner or managing member.
- Schedule of Liabilities listing all fixed debts (SBA Form 2202 may be used). ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE NECESSARY TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION:
- Complete copies, including all schedules, of the most recent Federal income tax returns for each principal owning 20% or more of the applicant business, each general partner or managing member, and each affiliate when any owner has more than a 50% ownership in the affiliate business. Affiliates include, but are not limited to, business parents, subsidiaries, and/or other businesses with common ownership or management.
- If the most recent Federal income tax return has not been filed, a year-end profit and loss statement and balance sheet for that tax year is acceptable.
- A current year-to-date profit and loss statement.
- Additional Filing Requirements (SBA Form 1368) providing monthly sales figures.
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
For additional information, please contact the SBA disaster assistance customer service center. Call 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information on the CDC’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers, click here.
For the most updated Department of Labor resources, click here.
For the most updated Small Business Administration resources, click here.
Top five ways the CARES Act could benefit your household:
- Cash in your pocket.
- No penalty for withdrawing from retirement accounts early.
- No required minimum distribution for 2020.
- Tax savings for “above the line” charitable contributions.
- New or extended access to unemployment benefits
Source: Wymer Brownlee Wealth Strategies
Job Seekers / Unemployment / Hiring:
- Oklahoma Job Match – Employment Opportunities
- Oklahoma Job Match – Post Jobs
- Oklahoma Employment Securities Commission
- Updates on unemployment insurance, American Job Centers, companies hiring, resources, and other workforce needs from OklahomaWorks
- SYNC3 is hiring 40-60 work-from-home positions a week to help with restaurant demand
- Employer FAQs about Unemployment Insurance and COVID-19
Essential vs Non-Essential
- Recognized Essential Workforce – Federal
- Additional Essential Workforce – Gov. Stitt Executive Order 1920
- Request your business be listed as Essential Critical Infrastructure
- Oklahoma List of Essential Businesses
If you have access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or can manufacture or have capabilities to fulfill PPE supplies please email the Situation Room at the OK Health Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Example: Face shields, Gloves, Googles, Glasses, Respirator, Ventilators
If you suspect that you have contracted COVID-19, please call the Oklahoma State Department of Health call center at 1-877-215-8336.
If COVID-19 has impacted your ability to meet any of your basic needs, please use the resources of Heartline/2-1-1, a 24/7 helpline that provides assistance for Oklahomans in need.