BILLION BY 2025.
In 2010, the community of Enid engaged in a re-branding effort. The new Brand was identified as an Adventurous Spirit. Enid is a vibrant community with an original history and boundless opportunities.
This brand and the subsequent marketing strategy have been implemented the past few years by the Enid 1st Team. This team includes the Enid Regional Development Alliance, the Greater Enid Chamber of Commerce, Visit Enid, Main Street Enid, and the City of Enid. They meet monthly to discuss the marketing strategy for the community and make sure Enid is continually focused on growth.
In 2018, the Enid 1st Team developed a new strategy to grow retail sales to $1 billion by 2025. To reach this goal, Enid must recruit more people, more jobs, and more places for people to hang out and buy stuff. The Enid 1st Team analyzed data provided by Young Strategies and hosted community input sessions to identify priorities on increasing the amount of people, the amount of money, and the number of venues needed to support this growth.
Below are the priorities developed to support the goal of total retail sales of $1 billion by 2025:
Athletic Tourism – Become a Tournament City
- Develop an Aquatic Center that can host tournaments
- Complete the development of new soccer fields
- Consolidate management of Enid’s athletic programsDevelop more 3rd Place Venues
- A new movie theater
- Craft breweries
- Coffee shops
- Boutique shopping
- Book storesSupport Downtown Loft Living
- Analyze ordinance restrictions
- Incentivize investmentContinue beautification and local development
- Install and implement the full wayfinding signage plan adopted by the City of Enid
- Create an upscale RV Park
- Inspire and Support More Local Restaurant Offerings
- Support Building Reuse Throughout the Community
- Support a New Arts Incubator